Friday, April 5, 2019

25A – What’s Next?

Existing Market:
  • Step 1: Next I feel that I can do more garages at once and then go to other schools and make an app for them as well to help with parking. Spreading the word about this app.
  • Step 2: 
    • Claire Katters: Claire says that my next venture should be to spread the word about this app since not many people will know about it at first. She says then to perfect it and then go out to other places that have a need for this app. She says she wants an app that reliable and is free.
    • Jacob Stephens: Jacob also said that I should spread the word and print flyers out to help spread the word faster, or post it on facebook as well. He also wants a free app and one that actually works.
    • Terrell Torez: Terrell says I should first make the app perfected as best I can before telling everyone about it and to make it very user friendly. He also wants a free app.
  • Step 3: 
    • To grow in this market, I feel that I should first get a system that works to accurately say what spots are available. Then I should make a design very user-friendly. Then I should spread the word around campus and advocate for this app.
    • Next I would say the future holds to go to other college campuses or other local places that have trouble with parking garages. This would be a great business for that type of need in bigger cities with heavily populated destinations. 
New Market:
  • Step 1: A radically different market would be one that instead of targeting students at garages, it would target the specific software needed to successfully implement it through the app. I  would target the software for other businesses to use.
  • Step 2: I could create value by using the software and selling it to them.
  • Step 3: 
    • Jemere Plummer: Jemere is a computer science major and he wants to use software to create and start up apps for his living. Jemere says he would actually help design this app and would want to partake in it. He says he would try different styles to help create the perfect user-friendly app.
    • Sydney Utz: Sydney is also a computer science major and wants to go work for Google Play to help maintain the app store of all google devices. She believes the best apps are those that work perfectly and have minimal bugs or issues. She would want to ensure the safety and security of this app and that his is flawless before putting it on the market. 
  • Step 4: I liked my original targeted audience. The new market is not what I had envisioned myself to even touch, a lot more technical.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen, you did a really good job on this post. I would agree with the three people you talked to in your existing market that getting print material and other marketing tools to get the word out about your product is the next best step. Your new market is something I never thought of and seems like a really great way to add to your product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! I thought your interviews were insightful for you and provided you with some extra feedback. I would agree that if the marketing strategy is utilized correctly, many would hear about the app in no time since it is such a need for your target market. I would say marketing is a great next step for you aside from figuring out the logistics of your app.

    ReplyDelete