Friday, January 18, 2019

2A - Bug List


1) I cannot ride my scooter I bought with my roommate last Fall semester to class still, even though I have practiced for hours. 
Why it exists: I cannot balance her and myself yet and have to take my scooter, Princess Peach, to the DMV to get her registered under myself and my roommate. We also have to get PP a decal so we can legally take her to class.

2) When I hold the door open or even say "Have a great day" at my job at Cheddars back home and the guests do not say thank you or even acknowledge me as a person. 
Why it exists: I believe some people feel entitled to others who work in the restaurant industry. Some customers look down upon like they are better than me because they do not work in the restaurant and therefore are better and should treat me and my coworkers as dirt.

3) When the dishes are unwashed and sitting in their own filth in the shallowest sink in the world at my apartment. 
Why it exists: My roommate and myself  cook and eat at our apartment at least twice or more a day. We do not eat out, so there is of course going to be a lot of dishes to clean when we are finished with our meal. Sometimes we get busy and do not have the time to was the dishes, and this leads to the sink being overwhelmed with various plates, bowls, pans, and silverware.

4) When I wear converse, heels, or any new shoes I get blisters on the back of my heel. 
Why it exists: I have sensitive skin already, and I guess when the shoe rubs against the back of my heel, it does not like it and gets red with blisters!

5) Waiting to do laundry because I now have no more clean clothes to wear. 
Why it exists: I do not have my own washer and dryer in the apartment. Therefore, doing laundry takes a bit more effort to do. I wait till the last minute because I do not have the time to sit around and wait for my laundry to get done and change it over during the week.

6) Spending the time to paint my nails and make them all pretty, to have them chip within a few days. Why it exists: I do not go out and get my nails done, so I do them at home. Of course they're going to chip faster because I do not have all the nice equipment and products nail salons have.

7) Being the youngest of my friend group. 
Why it exists: My friends are all 21 and I am still 20 till May. This means I cannot enjoy Sign Night and enjoy some nights out with them at 21 and up clubs.

8 ) Typing on clunky keyboards. 
Why it exists: Some computers have not switched over to nice flat keyboards, and my fingers get tired because I have to put in more effort to type

9) Driving to South Florida. 
Why it exists: It takes almost 5 hours to get to South Florida and the traffic can be terrible and the drive is a drag

10) When I go to SW Rec and its packed at 8 pm and all the machines are taken. 
Why it exists: I guess everyone wants to get fit and healthy after they're done with school and work, so now the gym is packed.

11) Becoming an adult and paying bills. 
Why it exists: I guess as time goes on I get older, and therefore I will become an adult, and do adult things like paying bills and finding the great joy in throwing away the old sponge and replacing it with a nice brand new one for the sink.

12) Washing my hair at night and then going to sleep with it all wet. 
Why it exists: Most times I take a shower at night and wash my hair I go to bed with it wet and wake up with it all weird and nappy. I prefer to wash my hair during the day or at least have it dry before I go to bed. I get too tired or lazy to do it in the morning before school or work so I wash it at night.

13) Not finding a parking spot to study at 6pm at library west. 
Why it exists: The school has parking lifted after 4:30 or 5:30 across campus and so most students come who want to enjoy the library, and therefore parking is a hassle.

14) GRU is a monopoly. 
Why it exists: GRU is monopolized utility company and it is one of the worst companies here, close with COX. They're smart with how they did their business to monopolize Gainesville and all the civilians within.

15) When I get kicked off the network at UF and i cannot get back on it for a solid 10 minutes. 
Why it exists: I assume there are thousands of people on campus using the network and sometimes I get kicked off.

16) When I cannot open the jar of tomato sauce and it leaves my hand feeling raw. 
Why it exists: The tomato sauce company does not want the sauce to get contaminated so it makes it hard to open jars.

17) When the hot water is not hot in my apartment. 
Why it exists: My apartment complex is old and pluming needs to be updated.

18) The girls bathroom on campus except for the Reitz and Marston basement. The girls bathrooms smell disgusting and humid for some reason. 
Why it exists: Females have to use the bathroom and unfortunately leave it in disgusting states of matter.

19) The walk from my apartment to the Retiz. 
Why it exists: I live on West University and the walk across campus is a drag without a bus.

20) When there are no vegetarian or vegan options in restaurants or other gatherings. 
Why it exists: Some people do not understand the dietary restrictions other have, and therefore do not have any other options.

Reflection: 
This assignment was not that hard since I try to reflect on why things happen anyway. After summer, I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years to find out who I am as a person. This includes what I like, dislike, and other factors that shape and mold myself. I know who I am and what I like, so thinking about what "bugs" me was quite easy. But getting 20 things that bug me became more difficult than anticipated and involved more thinking and time.

3 comments:

  1. Kristen I found a lot of bugs on your list not relating to me at all. It was way more interesting to read things that bother other people that to go on and on about my own. One that I did relate to is the hot water. I absolutely hate when my house or a hotel I am at does not have any hot water. Overall I found your list very informative and had really good insight on why they are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen. I really enjoyed reading your bug list! One bug that I can really relate to and forgot to put on my list was #17. I live in a house that also sometimes does not have hot water here in Gainesville, especially in the colder months right now. It is very annoying and Gainesville does need to update its plumbing lines. I really liked the layout of our list, as it was very easy to read with the offsetting bold words and spaces between each number. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristen,
    The background that you have on your blog is very nice. I like the format that your blog uses and I really want to find a way to increase the viewing pleasure of my blog. As for your blog and your "bug list" there several things that I have to agree with you about. For example number 8, typing on clanky keyboards. I am currently typing on a keyboard just like that and it really bothers me a lot. So that is something that I can really relate to.

    ReplyDelete