Friday, January 18, 2019

3A - My Entrepreneurship Story

I have always grown up to love baking and cooking. One of my favorite things I did as a child was to bake cookies and various pies with my little sister. I would then make my sister go around to various family members and "sell" whatever concoction we had made that day after school. As we grew older, my little sister and myself made more crafty things. These included making soaps, paintings, and other various art displays we would give to our parents or friends. I remember one instance, I wanted to make a candle for mothers day. I ended up using old candles that had been used and worn down already into melting them and making a big brand new candle for my mom. I even reused the candle wicks for this big new candle. The smell was funny, but the color was a brownish red color. I was so proud of myself as a 5th grader giving this gift to my mom. Currently, I invent my own recipes to being vegan/vegetarian. While in college, I had to learn how to cook for myself and I now can happily eat very good, especially for a college student.

I enrolled into ENT3003 to broaden my perspective of what being an entrepreneur is all about. I want to grasp how to think outside the box and take on difficult and various tasks to grow stronger as a person and entrepreneur.  I am excited to see different ideas of those in this class as well!



4 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen! I really liked reading your post, it seems like you have been an entrepreneur your whole life! I love that creating new things was done with your sister, I have three sisters so doing things together, like making presents for mom is always a great time. I also would like to just learn more and grow myself as an entrepreneur, overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristen! What a fun story. I really believe that entrepreneurship can start at the level of a young child. It seems that you are extremely interested in making vegan food and I think you could definitely take that somewhere! Veganism is making its debut and is always looking for fresh recipes and yummy alternatives. Keep it up (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, there is a movement towards more natural skin products, you could always look into making soaps again!

      Delete
  3. Hey Kristen. Just finished reading your entrepreneurship story and wanted to say great job! I always enjoyed baking and cooking, but I wasn’t very good at it. I thought it was cool that you made your own candle as a gift to your mom. I was wondering, what it is like being vegan/vegetarian and the possible food recipes you come up with? Great Story!

    ReplyDelete