Tuesday, February 19, 2019

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1

1) You read about an entrepreneur: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
  • What surprised you the most? I was most surprised about Steve Job's interest in LSD. I had already known some-what about him experimenting with it, but I had no idea about how fascinated he was with it. I do understand though, because back then, it was more socially normal to be doing drugs such as LSD as supposed to now.
  • What about the entrepreneur did you most admire? I most admired Steve's ability to still continue what he was passionate about, no matter the obstacle. He dropped out of college and then created his company out of his parent's garage. I know I could not be able to do such a thing.
  • What about the entrepreneur did you least admire? While reading the book, it mentioned how he went to juvenile detention for creating a fake bomb. It is not acceptable to make light of that type of topic. We have been through so much recently regarding horrific shootings killing innocent students, that him doing something like this, is really disappointing. 
  • Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it? Yes, from the beginning Steve Jobs had already faced family separation. His mother gave him up for adoption. But, his adopted parents loved him so much. Next, his attendance at Reed College, but felt he should drop out. Then his company first fell to face setbacks and failures. 
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? Steve Jobs is definitely an entrepreneur, he would always be ready to learn, experiment, and never quit.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you. Something confusing to me was the fact that he never let his parents visit him in Reed College. Since my family helps me financially, I would definitely let them come and visit. Especially since they are the ones supporting everything I do. I just thought that was weird of Steve Jobs to do.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why? 
  • How did you find the motivation to keep going, against the odds?
  • Did you ever have self-doubt about dropping out of college?
  • Were you ever nervous that what you were creating would become a flop and you dropped out of college for nothing?

5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion? I believe his opinion of hard work is that it is necessary to be successful. He has done hard work out of his garage and persisted through other obstacles. I agree, hard work is necessary in order to be successful. 

9 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen! I really loved reading your post, I learned a lot of things about Steve Jobs that I had not known before, like his use of LSD and making a fake bomb. It seems like you really enjoyed reading this book but I would of liked if you went into more depth on some of your answers, like explaining what his competencies are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristen! It was interesting reading your post because I was pretty unfamiliar with Steve Jobs journey. I found it interesting that he was somewhat deviant. I admired his drive though. He experienced many obstacles throughout his journey, yet he still came out to be one of the most successful people in the world. I though you did a great job, might look into this read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen, when I read your post I couldn’t help but laugh a little. I had no idea prior to reading your post that Steve Jobs did LSD, which would explain how creative he was! Upon reading your post I had mixed feelings about his character. On one hand he was very hard working and innovative while on the other he seemed distant from his family and the fake bomb makes me question his morality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    Paco Casal

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future..
    Buy lsd sheets online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.
      Buy lsd online

      Delete
  7. I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting.
    where to buy lsd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.
    penis envy mushrooms

    ReplyDelete