Wednesday, February 27, 2019

15A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

Segment: I have chosen UF students who have cars or associates with someone who has a car and tries to park on campus.

Andrew Reynoso: Junior who lives within walking distance to campus, no scooter but has car
  • I asked Andrew about the possibility of a parking app, and if he would use it if it had a monthly subscription of 99¢ to use. He said he would not since most of his current apps do not allow him to pay. Then I proceeded to ask him if he would use it if the app were poorly designed and not update frequently, but free. He said he would only use the app if it were efficient, free, and would be updated frequently. I later asked what determines a great app in his opinion. He proceeded to tell me that they have to be great at what they advertised to be. For example, right now he has an app that allows him to play a thinking game with puzzles and mazes. If the app were to always be defaulting or shutting down, maybe even not challenging enough or hard to maneuver, he said he would delete the app and move onto another one, since there are hundred and thousands of games he can play.
Jacob Stephens: Sophomore, lives on campus, has a scooter and car
  • I asked Jacob about there being a parking app and if he would use it for a monthly subscription of 99¢ . He would not since most apps are free that he has. Then I asked if he would use the app if it were poorly designed and not updated frequently, but free. He said no he would not if it had defaults within it. He then told me that he would use an app if it ran smoothly and could be easily navigated, very straight forward and simple. I asked what determines a great app in his opinion. He told me that it needs to be appealing to his eye and that it is what it says it is and does what it says it does. He told me he downloaded a terrible app to try and get deals online, some sketchy app. He then said that it was horrible, messy, and he did not easily understand how to navigate it. Since then, he has deleted the terrible app.
Hannah Myers: Sophomore, lives off campus, no scooter but has a car
  • I asked Hannah about my idea of creating a parking app and if she would use a monthly subscription of 99¢  for it. She said no because paying for it does not sound appealing for an app that should be free. I asked if she would use it if it was free, but poorly designed. She said she would download it to see how bad it was and try to use it. She ultimately wants a great app. I asked her what determines a great app to her. She said that it needs to be free, she can easily do what she wants without being a hassle, and it is useful to her. 
Conclusion: I would assume most, if not all, students would not be willing to pay for a parking app. I certainly would not want to pay for a parking app, unless I could somehow reserve a spot for myself that way. All my interviewees said they would use it if was free and ran efficiently and had done what it was supposed to do

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen! It seems like you got some really good insight on if whether people would pay for a parking app or not. As your interviewee's said, I too, would not like to have to pay for a parking app. I think it is already annoying enough that parking is not free on campus all the time, and an additional pay for an app would not help. Overall, think you did great with these interviews and really dug deeper into seeing this app idea in a real light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! The interviews you conducted seemed to give you valuable information that you can utilize here on out. A part of me sees both sides to paying for a parking app. I understand that side of not wanting to pay because there are already fines on campus and it is solely just an inconvenience. But on the other hand, it is only 99 cents to make life a bit smoother for a convenient and efficient app, if it actually is.

    ReplyDelete