Friday, February 22, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 

  • To keep up with the requirements of this course, I usually start looking at what is due several days before the due date. This way, if there is an assignment that is going to take longer than expected, I can start to work on it, or if I have a busy week ahead, I will start the assignments immediately. I keep an agenda for school and I plan out everything, from my sorority events, my work times, school assignments, and more.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

  • This year on Valentines Day, I felt like giving up. It was my first finance exam and it is one of the hardest business classes to take here at UF. Of course the first exam, which the class average is an F, is on Valentines Day. I wanted to give up from studying countless hours to only realize, there is too much information that I cannot retain for the exam. I took an "L" and that is the closest I came at UF to "giving up". What pulled me through was that I was going to go out with my friends and have a nice dinner then go home and away from Gainesville. I believe this semester has brought many unexpected challenges and that I am becoming more independent and focusing on positives in my life. One being that I recently broke up with my boyfriend of four years, and another being that I am now hunkering down on my school because classes are more challenging and now graduation is just next year.


3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

  1. There are plenty of reasons to get overwhelmed at UF, but, "life goes on".
  2. Stay ahead and stay positive, especially since it is very easy to not.
  3. Always try to improve yourself, weather it be going to the gym more, studying more, or going to more social events. You will only benefit from it.



Image result for the office memes jim impersonating dwightImage result for did i stutter
Related image   


Image result for you can do it dwight 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristien, you did a great job on this post, I particularly love the pictures at the bottom! I completely agree with you about finance, I too wanted to give up after that exam, but like you I took a little break away from Gainesville and it really did help. School and life in general is tough at times, but it seems like you are getting through well and have some great tips for future students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen, I really enjoyed reading your post. It was quite interesting learning about your experiences up until the halfway point and how you have dealt with it. I agree that for this class the more efficient way to keep up with this course is to plan ahead and complete the assignments days before it was due. I really enjoyed the pictures you added as well. Happy that you are making it through, only another half to go!

    ReplyDelete